Our appeals allow all Australians to contribute to saving lives. Donations help fund vital lifesaving training and equipment, as well as various coastal safety initiatives. You are helping us work towards zero preventable deaths in Australian waters.
It's through our appeals that all Australians can really help make a difference. By donating whatever you can, you are helping keep volunteer surf lifesavers on our beaches and helping us strive for zero deaths on our beaches.
Where does my money go? Can even a small donation help? Your questions answered.
The SLSF was established to support our unique not-for-profit community cause that exists through community donations, fundraising, corporate sponsorships and government grants.
With over 180,000 members and 315 affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs, SLS represents the largest volunteer movement of its kind in Australia, and the world.
- Maintain and replace lifesaving rescue equipment
- Enhance the training and development programs for volunteer surf lifesavers
- Expand community surf safety campaigns
- Fund aquatic safety research and development
- Continue to provide support services including communications networks, aerial patrols and powered watercraft
Every year millions of people visit our beaches, and thousands of these visitors find themselves in urgent need of a life saving rescue. This is what we are here for, to keep your family and friends safe in the water.
Your support today will ensure that millions of adults and children who visit the beach go home safely.
Did you know?
- It costs at least $850 to train a new volunteer to Bronze Medallion standard. Surf lifesavers are trained in First Aid, CPR and rescue techniques. Importantly, all of our lifesavers must continue to refresh and update their skills.
- Rescue gear and equipment are some of the largest costs associated with providing lifesaving services throughout Australia. A full life saving patrol can cost up to $80,000.
- Prevention is better than cure, and the best way to save lives at the beach is by teaching people how to stay out of danger. We run campaigns on how to spot rips and what to do if you are caught in one (swim parallel to the shore!).
No matter what area your donation goes towards, you can be sure that it will make a vital contribution to saving lives.
You can contact Surf Life Saving WA via: https://www.mybeach.com.au/support-us
PO Box 700
Balcatta WA 6914
Tel: 08 9207 6666
Give monthly and become a Guardian of the Surf
Our monthly supporters truly are Guardians of the Surf and critical to us. By becoming a Guardian of the Surf and donating monthly, we can plan for the future and ensure all our surf life savers have the crucial training as well as the right equipment they need.