Give, Get Involved, Be Safe
Every Australian can help to support Surf Life Saving and the work of our volunteers. You can make a difference and help in any number of ways:
- Make a donation
- Surf Life Saving is a community cause that receives donations from Australians from all walks of life. Every contribution made helps save countless lives and without the continual support from our donors we would be unable to perform these services effectively.
You can donate by phoning 1800 642 925 or visit our secure website
- Become a Guardian of the Surf and make regular donations
- Regular donations allow Surf Life Saving to purchase vital rescue equipment and ensure our current and future surf lifesavers are trained and educated ready to perform the critical duty of saving lives when needed.Regular donations allow Surf Life Saving to purchase vital rescue equipment and ensure our current and future surf lifesavers are trained and educated ready to perform the critical duty of saving lives when needed.
- Our monthly giving program is quick and easy. The amount you choose will be automatically deducted from your credit card or nominated bank account. Spreading your gift over 12 months is a convenient and manageable way for you to make a real difference on Australia's beaches.
Visit our website to find out more or call 1800 642 925.
- Encourage your workplace to undertake a Workplace Giving Program.
- By donating a small amount from each pay via Workplace Giving, you provide Surf Life Saving with stable, regular funding with little or no administration costs ensuring your donation dollars go as far as possible.
- Setting it up is simple and even the smallest ongoing contributions go a long way in helping us maintain and purchase essential equipment, increase beach patrols and assist our volunteer Surf Life Savers to do what they do best - save lives.
- The Surf Life Saving Foundation can provide guidance on how to register for Workplace Giving or set up a program that will effectively engage your staff to donate in this way.
To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Workplace Giving Manager on 1800 642 925.
- Incorporate Surf Life Saving in your Will.
- A bequest to Surf Life Saving is a visionary investment in its future.
- Supporters may choose to leave a set amount; a percentage of their estate or the residual (what is left after all their wishes are attended to).
- We know that leaving a bequest is an important decision that requires a lot of consideration. We have a range of resources available online, or if you would prefer to speak to someone, you can call 1800 642 925 and speak to our Supporter Relationship Manager.
For more information please email email@example.com or visit our website
- Pledge a gift to the Surf Life Saving Rescue Fund
- The Surf Life Saving Rescue Fund ("Trust") was established with the aim of being a central body within Surf Life Saving to facilitate the financial investment of funds on behalf of Surf Life Saving bodies.
- Funds within the trust are held in two forms within the Trust, either in "Perpetuity", where they are held by the Trustee on behalf of a Surf Life Saving body in an account that is intended to remain in the Trust in perpetuity with earnings distributed back to Surf Life Saving, or "Withdrawable" where funds are placed into the Trust directly by the Surf Life Saving body with either a short, medium or long term investment horizon.
If you’d like to learn more about the Trust and how you could contribute, visit our website or call 1800 642 925.
- Buy a Lottery ticket
- Dreaming of a new home, car, boat or holiday? The Surf Life Saving Lottery raises funds for Surf Life Saving from the sale of lottery tickets.
- Each year The Surf Life Saving Foundation operates six prize home lotteries. These lotteries include opportunities to win Gold Bullion, cars and gift vouchers. We also operate a members and loyalty program, Champions Club. Champions Club members receive double entries into each prize home lottery and automatic entry into our $5,000 weekday prize draw.
Visit our lottery website to find out more www.surflottery.com.au.
- Charity Greeting Cards
- The Surf Life Saving Foundation has teamed up with Charity Greeting Cards to give everyone the opportunity to purchase greeting cards for various occasions, with the added benefit of supporting Surf Life Saving. By purchasing cards through Charity Greeting Cards, 40c per card will be donated to Surf Life Saving.
For more information on greeting cards or gift hampers, visit www.christmascards4charity.com.au.
- EntertainmentTM Book
- The Entertainment™ Book is available for everyone to purchase through The Surf Life Saving Foundation. The book provides a range of dining, shopping and entertainment vouchers and can be purchased for multiple regions throughout Australia. 20% of the cost of all books sold comes back to the Foundation to invest in Surf Life Saving.
For more information, or to order your book please visit www.entertainmentbook.com.au.